You think you’re good, you think you’re tough... Come try our course– IT’LL EAT YOU UP!
- No pets, bicycles or strollers of any kind are allowed on the 5k/10k/15k course.
- Start & Finish: corner of Main and Hill streets (one block south of Tom & Huck statue).
- This is a closed course: out-and-back, with a side trip up Lover’s Leap on the way back. Participants use the traffic lane closest to the river. Please stay in the right hand lane, with slower individuals keeping to the far right. Using the wrong lane is an automatic disqualification.
- There is one water station at the 5K turnaround.
- First Aid stations available on top of Lover’s Leap and at the Finish Line. Additionally there is a physician and EMTs all along the course. If you need assistance please seek out any volunteer in a blue race shirt.
- All 5k/10k/15k runners are required to tackle Lover’s Leap.
- This is a DAG timed event - your time begins when you cross the starting line, marked when you get to the top of Lover’s Leap, and ends when you cross the finish line.
- Additional timing gates have been added at the top of Lover’s Leap and at Mark Twain Cave and Campground (15k course only - must pass through gate twice).
- For the safety of our runners, the course is on closed roads. The roads do begin to re-open at 8:30 am. Runners/walkers on the course at this time are encouraged to proceed with caution and return to the Finish Line.
- Restrooms are available at “Y” Men’s Mud Volleyball (area between Hill & North St).
- Post-race refreshments will be available at the finish area as you complete the race.
- Race results will be posted on our website at 10:00 am on race day. All awards will be mailed to the winners.
- 5k Leisure Walk is an un-timed event; however, all rules apply. Please be respectful of the runners on the course as they are competing for prizes
Read over the race information carefully, some information has changed from last year. Your T-shirt will be included in your race packet.
Early packet pickup starting June 23rd at the Foundation Offices at 175 Shinn Lane between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday. Drive thru packet pick-up will be Thursday, July 1st from 2–5 pm and Friday, July 2nd from 9 am-6 pm at Hannibal Regional Foundation (enter parking lot from Forrest Drive). Day of race registration will conclude at 6:45 am. We’ll see you between 6-7 am on the 3rd!
RULES FOR A TASTY RACE
(To be read Tongue-in-Cheek )
- Follow all Course Marshal’s instructions. They have been sanctioned by the course gods and any violators will be sacrificed.
- If you leave the marked path, be prepared to fight your way through the “cannibal-infested” jungle.
- The road is very steep on Lovers’ Leap... (No rolling down).
- If you see someone in trouble, let a volunteer know. We’ll dispatch a medical unit...they’ll stick a fork in ‘em to see if they’re done.
- If you drop out of the race for any reason, you will be offered to the course gods as one who was eaten up by the “Hannibal Cannibal.”
- No sponsor, volunteer, or worker can be eaten. If you are hungry, goodies will be provided after the race. Please wait.
- Any participant taking the “easy” way down Lovers’ Leap (straight down) will be disqualified.
- Whiners will be served as appetizers.